Semi Truck Accident Lawyers in Vegas, NV
Do you need a semi truck accident lawyer? According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, large truck accidents, including semi-trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial trucks, occur each year. Many of these, because of the nature of the crash and the size of the vehicle, end up with fatalities and serious injuries. If you were injured in a serious truck accident, contact our truck lawyers at the Nettles Law Firm to speak with one of our qualified 18 wheeler accident attorneys. The consultation is FREE so contact a truck wreck lawyer today.
In most cases, negligence is the cause of these accidents. Victims of a trucking accident that involved negligence should consider filing a claim in order to receive compensation for any expenses they suffer due to the accident, and can sometimes receive compensation for their pain and suffering a well. Working with a truck accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV after one of these accidents can make the process of filing a claim and winning compensation much easier.
A Semi Truck Attorney can Help Determine Negligence in a Truck Accident
The first thing that your truck injury lawyer is going to look for is whether negligence occurred that led to the accident. If this is true, then you are able to file your claim with the truckers attorney and receive compensation. If a driver causes harm to someone else through carelessness and an irresponsible manner, the victim can receive compensation from the following evidence:
- The truck accident occurring from the driver’s recklessness.
- Harm to the victim caused by the truck accident.
- Negligence of the driver caused the victim harm.
There are different ways to prove this and tractor trailer accidents lawyers can help gather the evidence. Things like photographs of the crash site, expert testimony, eyewitness testimony, and police reports can help prove negligence. For example, your truck accident attorney may be able to find a bystander who witnessed that the truck driver was speeding, ran through a red light, or was on the phone before the crash occurred.
It is also possible for these claims to include indirect or circumstantial evidence. Your trucking accident lawyer may be able to look at a police report that states how the truck driver of the accident was discovered with the odor of alcohol on their breath, bloodshot eyes, or with an open container in the vehicle. Proof of negligence will further your case.
In some cases, multiple parties are responsible for the accident. In these cases, liability is given based on the percentage of each person’s fault. Your truck accident attorney in Las Vegas, NV will work on the case to limit the percentage that you are held liable for the accident.
A Trucking Attorney can Help Get Compensation for Victims of Truck Accidents
Compensation can often be given to a victim in order to help them pay for any expenses they get because of the accident. Depending on your specific case, you could be reimbursed for a variety of things including medical expenses, property repairs, lost income, physical and psychological pain, and even lost opportunities. Jurors and insurance companies will present their own formulas in order to determine how much compensation should be awarded.
Some states have no-fault insurance laws. The point of these is to prevent trivial lawsuits, but sometimes they make it hard for the victim to get the compensation that they deserve. Working with truck injury lawyers can help you get the compensation you need, even in these states.
18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers can Zero in on Factors that Contributed to a Truck Accident
There are many factors that could contribute to one of these trucking accidents. In most cases, driver negligence is the cause. Some of the biggest contributing factors include:
- Law violations: 24 percent of truck drivers who are involved in fatal accidents violated basic traffic laws, such as speeding. They may also be participating in actions like improper lane signs, not yielding the right of way, or tailgating. When they do these, they are increasing their risk of being in an accident and may result in them needing an 18 wheeler accident lawyer to help.
- Equipment failure: Another thing that your truck accident attorney can look for in your claim is if there was any equipment failure in the truck. If something is malfunctioning in the truck due to improper maintenance by the driver or their company, it could easily be grounds for your personal injury claim. Lawsuits in the past have resulted from a malfunction of tires, brakes, steering mechanisms, wheels and more.
- Road conditions: negligence is sometimes cited for dangerous road conditions such as road construction or bad weather. If one of these accidents occurs because the roads were not properly maintained, it is possible for you and your truck accidents attorney to seek compensation from government entities who were responsible for the roads. These kinds of cases are a little bit different than normal so talking to a truck accident attorney is useful before filing one of these claims.
- Road design: Victims an also consider seeking compensation from their local government for any road designs that seem flawed and may have contributed to their collision. Merging lanes, traffic control devices, and poorly designed intersections can all be things that caused that trucking accident.
Your truck accident attorney in Las Vegas, NV will speak to you about your accident to determine which of these factors of negligence, if any, may be the cause of your accident. If one of them is, it is possible for them to use this to file your claim and help you get the compensation you need.
The Best Truck Accident Lawyer Knows How to Ask the Right Questions to Prove Driver Error
One of the biggest reasons that a truck accident may occur is because of driver error. These can include some issues like:
- Lack of experience driving the vehicle that was in the accident
- Not paying attention to the road
- Lack of familiarity with the road
- Not having the right training for the vehicle they are in
- Using over the counter drugs improperly
- An overloaded cargo, or unbalanced weight of cargo
- Aggressive driving
- Drowsiness and fatigue
Out of these, it is most likely that fatigue and drowsiness are the cause of the truck accident. This is why the Federal Carrier Safety Administration has begun requiring trucking companies to comply with rules for hours of service. There are a number of rules that fall under this, but if a truck driver does not follow them properly, your 18 wheeler injury lawyer can use these in your case. Some of the rules truck drivers must follow include:
- The driver may not drive more than 11 hours after ten consecutive hours of duty. If a driver is in a sleeper, they can split that ten-hour off-duty period into two parts, as long as the interval they stop is at least two hours.
- The driver can’t drive beyond the 14th hour after they come on duty, following 10 consecutive hours off duty.
- The driver can’t drive more than 60 hours over a time of seven consecutive days or 70 hours over a period of eight consecutive days.
- Start either a seven or eight-day driving time without having at least 34 hours off.
If the driver did not follow these rules and they were suffering from fatigue, you can work with your truck crash attorney in order to receive compensation for the accident that occurs. Enforcing these rules protect everyone and keeps accidents to a minium. It is the job of your truck accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV to take a look at the log books of the truck driver to determine if they were following the right rules when it comes to driving.
In addition, some drivers may be distracted on the road, intoxicated, or improperly trained for vehicle use. If one of these is true, your attorney can work to make a case against either the driver or their company to help you get your rightful compensation.
Contact a Truck Injury Lawyer After a Truck Accident Injury ASAP – AFTER FIRST SEEKING MEDICAL ATTENTION
Many times these truck accidents can cause big injuries in the victim and knowing how to react can be difficult. Try to stay calm after one of these accidents to ensure that you can think clearly and get the help that you need.
If you or someone else in the vehicle obtained injuries, seek medical attention right away. It is a good idea to call medical attention over to check you out, even if you do not feel that there are any major injuries. Writing down injuries and getting them checked out as early as possible gives your truck accident lawyer a foundation.
You should call the police to give a report as soon as possible. The police are the only ones that you should talk about the case with. Tell them what happened, but avoid placing blame at this time. Anything you say to others, including other witnesses, before you speak with your trucking accidents attorney in Las Vegas, NV, will be held against you later. Make sure that during this time either you or someone else takes pictures of the scene.
As soon as you can after the accident occurs, make sure to seek the help of a truck accident attorney to handle the case for you. This legal counsel will be able to make sure that you get the compensation that you need by representing you at all steps of the claim.
Reasons for Hiring a Truck Wreck Attorney
While it is possible that you can have your accident claim managed by the insurance company, it is sometimes necessary to hire a truck accident lawyer to be on your side during this time. Your truck accident attorney will have the training needed to determine the course of action that you should take to get the compensation you deserve. Rather than trying to do all of this on your own, consider having a truck accident attorney on your side from the beginning.
There are many situations where you will need to have a truck accident attorney on your side after being in a truck accident. Some of these include:
- The insurance company has not reimbursed the expenses the accident cost you. Sometimes the insurance company will delay paying or will try to deny that they owe anything in the first place. Working with a truck wreck attorney can help you fight the insurance for the compensation you deserve.
- The insurance company is trying to hold up the settlement of the claim. These types of claims need to be filed within certain time frames or else the insurance company will push it back further, and you may pass on the statute of limitations and not receive compensation. Your truck accident attorney can help you file the claim and retain your rights to timely compensation.
- When the claim has been denied either by the insurance company or by a government entity and you need help fighting this in court.
- You were in an accident with a negligent party with no insurance.
All of these can make filing your truck accident claim more difficult than before. Hiring a truck accident lawyer to help out with these special circumstances can make the claim much easier and will make it more likely that you get the compensation that you deserve after one of these accidents.
Choose an Experienced 18 Wheeler Semi Truck Crash Lawyer at Nettles Law Firm in Vegas
If you have been in an accident and need the services of a trucking accidents attorney in Las Vegas, be sure to contact a tractor trailer attorney at Nettles|Morris. We have the experience needed to help you file your accident claim and get the compensation you deserve. Contact NettlesIMorris and ask to speak with a truck accident injury lawyer for a FREE case evaluation. Call us at (702) 710-9964 to start your case today.