Las Vegas Man Ends Up With Popcorn Lungs After Vaping

A young man from Las Vegas, says that vaping almost killed him twice. Las Vegas man ends up with popcorn lungs after vaping.

Twenty-two-year-old Devyn Chotmuller stated that the first time vaping nearly killed was in August 2018. He was smoking his electronic cigarette when he felt a terrible pain in his chest. Chotmuller had trouble breathing and felt pain in his chest, so he went to the hospital.

The severity of his case was proved when almost twenty people from the medical personnel came to help. The doctor said that he needed emergency surgery.

The doctor said that he had what was known as popcorn lung, which is a severe lung illness.

When the juice is entering the lung at a hot temperature, it sticks to the lung and makes blisters that feel like burning.

After that case, the twenty-two-year-old man threw his e-cigarettes in the garbage. But, last month, he decided to try a new vape flavor his friend offered. He did not believe it will do the same harm as the previous time.

The moment the juice hit his lungs, he felt the same burning sensation and knew he had to go to the hospital again.

The second time, Chotmuller spent eleven days in the hospital. One month later, his breathing is still painful and troubled. He still hasn’t returned to work because of his ruined health.

The American Lung Association stated that popcorn lung is caused due to a chemical called diacetyl. This chemical is often found in some e-cigarettes.

More than 1300 people across America have suffered some sort of respiratory disease caused by vaping. Four of these people were from Nevada.

Twenty-six of them have died.

The injury is a type of chemical exposure, an injury where the cause is not entirely known, say from Southern Nevada Health District.

Please contact our office if you have issues with any personal injury case.

Nettles Morris Law Firm Logo
Let's get started with your FREE consultation

Practice Areas

Las Vegas
Practice Areas