More people travel during the Christmas holidays than any other time of year. There are millions of people who take to the road to visit family or friends. The odds of your getting into a car accident go way up in December. Even if your accident is minor, you’re going to suffer some sort of injury. This may cause you to be in the hospital for weeks or even months. That’s why it’s a good idea to contact an experienced auto accident attorney in Las Vegas right away. They can handle the legal side of things while you focus on getting better. They’ll also try to negotiate a settlement of your claim.
You Need to Use Common Sense After the Car Accident
Most people don’t know what they’re supposed to do after a car accident in Nevada. When we get our license, our parents teach us what to do if we break down. They even make sure you know the speed limit. What they don’t teach you is what to do if you get into a crash.
There are a few steps you need to take if you want to preserve your legal rights:
- Call the police. When they arrive on the scene, they’ll check to see that everyone is okay. They’ll also prepare a police report with all the information regarding your accident.
- Seek medical treatment right away. No matter how much you want to go home, you need to go to the hospital. Let them treat you for any injuries you may have suffered.
- Call our office and talk to an experienced attorney. You can sit down and tell them what happened. They can let you know how best to proceed.
You Could Suffer Some Pretty Serious Injuries
If you’re in any sort of motor vehicle accident, you may suffer pretty bad injuries. This means you’ll have to go to the hospital. When you get there, the E.R. doctor will do the tests necessary to see that you’re okay. They’ll also do a physical examination to make sure there are not superficial injuries.
The great thing about going right to the emergency room is that you’ll have proof that you were indeed injured. And, if you go right away, the defendant won’t be able to say that something other than the crash caused your injuries.
Some of the following types of injuries are very common in motor vehicle accidents:
- Lacerations – Your face could hit the windshield or dashboard. This could lead to you having deep cuts and lacerations on your face. Not only are these painful, but they can leave scars. You may need several rounds of cosmetic surgery to correct these injuries.
- Broken Bones – A lot of people suffer broken bones in their car accident. While these sound nice and simple, they can actually put you out of commission for weeks or months. They also usually require surgery and long-term physical therapy. These things take time and can be very expensive.
- Bruises and Contusions – If you’re lucky, all you’ll suffer are bruises and contusions. These are basically the same thing. There isn’t anything your doctor can do to treat these injuries. However, they can be painful and keep you out of work.
Your Nevada car accident lawyer knows what kinds of injuries are common in car accident cases. They’ll prepare your case to make sure they prove your injuries. The worse your injuries, the greater your damages. It also increases the chance of you being entitled to pain and suffering damages.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney in Las Vegas, Nevada
Nobody knows that they’re going to be in a car accident. It isn’t something you can plan for. This means that, when it does happens, it will come as a complete surprise. You may not know where to turn. You’ll try to deal with the insurance company on your own However, you’ll realize pretty quickly that they just don’t take you seriously. This is why you should call our office today.
Insurance adjusters will take a Nevada law firm very seriously. They know we fight for our clients and don’t back down. We won’t accept a low-ball settlement and we won’t let you accept one either. If you are already running into problems with your insurance claim, call and talk to our office right away.