Truck accidents are some of the most dangerous accidents there are. No passenger vehicle stands a chance against a tractor trailer. If you get hit by a truck, you’re going to suffer pretty serious injuries and an Attorney can Help you after your truck accident. You may end up in the hospital for a few days or weeks.
You’re also going to miss some time from work. If the truck driver is responsible for the crash, they should be held liable for your injuries. They should also be liable for your lost wages.
Your Las Vegas truck accident lawyer can help you go after the trucking company. They can also help you get the compensation you deserve. Truck companies are large. They have teams of lawyers to defend them. You need an experienced truck lawyer by your side.
When you get into an accident with another car, you’ll file a claim against their insurance company. If the claim is denied, your car accident lawyer will help you appeal your claim. Things are a bit different from truck accident cases.
In truck accidents, there’s usually more than one defendant. You may have to file a claim against multiple insurance companies. This can become complicated. You’re much better off having a truck accident lawyer handle this for you.
When it comes to getting compensation for your truck accident, you should call and speak with an injury lawyer in Las Vegas.
How Can Your Attorney Help?
After your truck accident, you’re going to have to file a claim against the driver’s insurance. This means you’ll probably be filing a claim against their employer’s policy. But, there’s no guarantee your claim will be paid.
Your claim could be denied for a number of reasons, including:
- The policy wasn’t valid
- The policy lapsed for non-payment
- Driver wasn’t listed on the policy
- They believe you were at fault
- They don’t think your injuries were legitimate
- You have a history of filing accident claims
Your truck accident lawyer will help if your claim is denied. They’ll contact the insurance adjuster and try to negotiate payment of your claim. The insurance company is going to take you more seriously if you have a lawyer working for you.
If you don’t have a lawyer, the insurance company may try to get you to settle for a much lower amount than you deserve. They’ll also have you sign a settlement release. This is not a good idea. Never do this without the assistance of an experienced Las Vegas truck accident attorney.
You Need to Make Sure You Name All Possible Defendants in Your Initial Claim
With trucking accidents, there are often times more than one defendant. This is because of there a few people who may be responsible for your injuries. These parties include:
- Company the truck driver worked for
- Driver of the truck
- Company whose product they were transporting
- Company who serviced the truck
Your attorney will make sure all the necessary parties are named in your lawsuit. This is important because you can’t go back later and add names to your suit. You don’t want to miss your opportunity to recover from the responsible parties.
Once your lawyer figures out who is responsible for your injuries, they’ll have to determine your damages. Some of the damages they may demand include:
- Reimbursement of medical bills: You’re entitled to be compensated for both past and future medical expenses.
- Lost wages: If you’re in a trucking accident, you’re going to miss a lot of time from work. The defendant should be held accountable for your lost wages.
- Permanent injury: If you can’t return to work, you’ll be entitled to the difference between disability and what you would’ve earned working full-time.
- Pain and suffering: You may be entitled to damages for physical and mental anguish. This is known as pain and suffering.
- Loss of consortium: If you lose your spouse, you may be entitled to these types of damages.
Your lawyer has the experience to know how to prove these damages. They’ll present evidence to show that the truck driver was liable for your injuries.
Call and Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation with an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or your loved one have been injured in a truck accident, you should call our accident lawyers at Nettles Morris Law Firm. You can sit down and discuss your case. Once our lawyer reviews your case, we can let you know what it may be worth.
Call today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.