If you get into a car accident, there are two things you need to remember. First, go to the hospital. You need to get medical treatment after a car accident. This is true even if you don’t think you’re hurt. Second, call a car accident attorney in Las Vegas.
A lot of people think they can handle their car accident all by themselves. And, this is true. Technically, there is nothing that says you have to retain a car accident attorney. However, if you want to protect your rights, you’ll get one.
If you get hit by another driver, you’re going to need to file a claim against his insurance. There is a chance his insurance won’t pay your claim. If they deny your claim, what are you going to do? Talk to their claims adjuster and hope he feels bad for you?
Insurance companies have lawyers working for them. They aren’t in the business of paying claims. If they paid every claim that came in their doors, they’d go out of business. And, like it or not, they’re not going to take you seriously unless you have an attorney.
How Does Having a Car Accident Attorney in Las Vegas Help?
There are a few reasons why you’ll want to contact a car accident attorney after your accident. Some of them are practical reasons. Why make things harder for yourself? Let an experienced professional handle the legal side of things while you focus on getting better.
Having an attorney can make the difference between getting paid and not getting paid. Here are just a few of the reasons it makes sense to have an attorney handle your accident claim:
- He knows the filing rules and deadlines
- He has years’ experience dealing with insurance companies
- The insurance company will take him more seriously than they will you
- He understands the insurance company’s history of settling claims
- If you need to go to court, he can handle the lawsuit for you
Now, we’re not saying you need to call an attorney if you only suffer a few hundred dollars in property damage. That wouldn’t make sense. An attorney isn’t going to want to spend his time handling a claim that small. But, if you have injuries, you need to protect yourself.
What do Car Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas Do?
Many people don’t understand what a car accident attorney actually does. From the time of your accident until you get paid, a lot happens. Your attorney will handle all of this for you.
Here are a few things your car accident attorney in Las Vegas will do for you:
He’ll file your initial insurance claim. If the other driver’s at fault, you’ll need to get paid by his insurance company.
- To ensure that your claim has the best chance of getting paid, let your attorney do this for you. He’ll make sure it has all the necessary information.
If they deny your claim, he’ll appeal it for you.
- Your lawyer can negotiate with the insurance adjuster to get your claim approved. Depending on the reason for the denial, he has a decent chance of getting it paid.
He won’t let the insurance company take advantage of you.
- If they try to pay you less than what you’re owed, your lawyer will let them know. He will not let you settle for less than what you deserve.
He’ll review any settlement release required by the insurance company.
- If you settle your claim, the insurance company will want you to sign a release. You want to make sure your attorney review this before you sign it.
If necessary, he’ll file a lawsuit on your behalf.
- If the insurance company refuses to pay your claim, you’ll have to sue. Your lawyer will handle this for you. He’ll file the initial complaint and follow it through until it’s resolved.
He’ll try to negotiate a settlement out of court.
- Whether it’s through mediation or just negotiations with the defendant’s lawyer, your attorney will try to settle your claim.
He’ll go to trial if need be.
- If your case can’t be settled, your lawyer will go to trial for you. Keep in mind, 95% of all car accident cases do settle so the odds of having to go to trial are small.
Call a Las Vegas Car Accident Attorney Today
If you sustained injuries in a car accident, you need to call a Las Vegas car accident attorney today. Let him review your case and let you know what it may be worth. The insurance company will have lawyers working for them and you should too.
Call and schedule your initial consultation. It is absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.