In this day and age of people “going green”, more and more people are walking rather than driving. This is especially true now that we’re approaching warmer weather. No matter where you’re at, you need to pay attention to pedestrians.
When you are the pedestrian, you expect drivers to be careful. You don’t expect to get mowed down while crossing the street. Sadly, it happens more than you may think. Even with crosswalks and pedestrian signs, people don’t pay attention to what’s going on in front of them.
The scary thing about pedestrian accidents is that the injuries are usually very serious. You can imagine the kind of damage a two-ton vehicle will have on the human body, and this is especially true if the car is speeding at the time of the accident.
If you or a loved one were injured after being hit by a car, you will need a Henderson personal injury lawyer.
A Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney Can Handle Pedestrian Accident Cases
Most car accidents involve two or more cars. But, sometimes, they involve pedestrians. When this happens, the results can be disastrous. If you’re hit by a car, you’re going to suffer some pretty serious injuries, including:
- Broken bones – If you get hit by a car, you’ll probably suffer broken bones. You could break your leg, arm or your ankle. You’ll probably need surgery to fix these broken bones. You may also need physical therapy.
- Back injuries – Back injuries are painful and take a long time to heal. Most disc issues require surgery and physical therapy. Your Las Vegas personal injury lawyer will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Internal injuries – If left untreated, internal injuries can be fatal. It’s important that you seek medical treatment immediately following the accident. You can’t detect if you have internal injuries.
- Lacerations – You’ll suffer cuts and bruises in a pedestrian accident. Between the car and the asphalt, you could suffer lacerations all over your body. Although they heal pretty fast, they can be quite painful.
- Facial disfigurement – Your head may actually get run over by the car. This is going to cause facial disfigurement. You’ll need multiple rounds of cosmetic surgery to repair any injuries to your face.
- Traumatic brain injury – A traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when you suffer a blow to the head or some other impact to the brain. It can lead to long-term neurological impairment. If you are in an accident, it is always important to seek immediate medical attention.
Your Las Vegas personal injury lawyer will fight to get you paid for all of these injuries.
Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers Have Seen All Types of Pedestrian Accidents
The leading cause of pedestrian accidents is driver negligence. The driver is either not paying attention or just doesn’t care about pedestrians. Often times, people are in such a rush that they just pretend they don’t see the person trying to cross the street. This leads to a lot of pedestrian accidents.
Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Laying down in the road
- Getting out of passenger vehicle
As a passenger, you are entitled to a certain level of care. Now, you have to be careful too. If you’re found to be responsible for your accident, you may not be able to recover against the driver.
Your Las Vegas personal injury lawyer will submit the evidence he needs to prove that you were not at fault.
A Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer Can Get You Compensation
If you’ve been hit by a car or truck, you need to contact our Nevada injury law firm. Your attorney will review your case and see who he needs to pursue. There may be more than just one defendant in your case. It depends on exactly how the accident took place.
Most pedestrian cases are based on negligence. Your lawyer will need to show the following:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- He breached that duty
- You have injuries
- His breach of duty caused your injuries
Once he proves this, he can demand compensation for you. Your damages may include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer if You’re Hurt
Call and schedule your initial consultation today. Let an experienced Nevada personal injury lawyer review your case for free. You can ask any questions you may have, and your lawyer can also give you an idea of what your case may be worth. And remember – you pay nothing until you settle your case. The defendant will have attorneys working for him. So should you!