Motorcycle accidents are some of the most dangerous types of accidents. Just by the nature of your vehicle, you’re at a greater risk of getting injured. And, your injuries tend to be a lot more serious than people who get into a car accident. This is because there’s nothing standing between you and the other vehicle. All you have to protect you is a plastic helmet. Because these accidents tend to more serious, your insurance claim will be bigger. All Nevada motorcycle accident lawyers know that insurance companies like to deny large claims. This means that you may need to file an appeal or even a lawsuit. Rather than handle this yourself, call and arrange to hire an experienced lawyer that can handle a motorcycle accident in Henderson.
Your Henderson Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
After your motorcycle accident, you’re going to need to focus on getting better. You’re probably going to need surgery and even long-term physical therapy. You’ll be out of commission for weeks or even months.
The last thing you’re going to want to do is deal with insurance companies and lawyers. That’s why you should hire a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer. They can handle all of this for you so you can focus on your recovery.
Your lawyer will make sure your insurance claim is handled properly. They’ll negotiate with the insurance adjuster on your behalf. They’ll try to settle your claim. And, if they’re not able to do this, they’ll have no choice but to file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Keep in mind, just because you file a lawsuit doesn’t mean you won’t settle your case. There’s still a 90% chance that your case will settle long before trial. However, your attorney isn’t going to take less than what you deserve.
When you handle your claim yourself, the insurance company tries to take advantage of you. They offer you a lowball settlement and pray that you accept it. They’ll ask you to sign a settlement release that limits your rights. Your attorney will make sure you don’t get taken advantage of in this way.
You May Be Entitled to Certain Damages
Following your motorcycle accident, you’re going to need to focus on getting well. That’s why you have an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Nevada. They’ll handle the legal side of things and make sure you’re compensated for all of your injuries.
Some of the types of damages your attorney will demand include:
- Medical bills and future medical bills – There are all sorts of medical bills that can accrue after your car accident in Nevada. You may have thousands of dollars in hospital bills, especially if you need surgery and other procedures. You may have a ton of money paid out in prescription costs. If you had to travel back and forth for doctor’s appointments, you can try to claim these damages.
- Lost wages – If you miss time due to your injuries – or you miss a ton of time for doctor’s appointments – you can demand compensation. Your lawyer will fight to get you every penny.
- Lost future earnings – You might not be able to work again. You could end up on disability or in a different career. If this happens, you’re going to suffer a good bit in lost future earnings. The defendant will have to pay the difference between what you will earn compared to what you would’ve earned working full-time.
- Property Damage – In motorcycle crashes, the bike usually suffers the brunt of the impact. It could be crushed or destroyed. Pieces of it could have been left on the highway. The defendant should compensate you so you can get a replacement bike.
- Pain and suffering – Most motorcycle accident victims suffer a lot. They have painful injuries and are laid up for quite some time. If this happens to you, then your lawyer will demand pain and suffering damages.
Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Henderson
Even if you think you can handle your own case, there’s no harm in calling and scheduling your free initial consultation. Sit down with someone who’s been handling cases like yours for decades. Our team of attorneys has the knowledge and expertise to prove your case. They’ll work hard to make sure you get as much money as possible.
If you’re afraid of how much it will cost to meet with one of our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys in Henderson, NV, don’t worry. You won’t pay anything for your first meeting.